News & Blogs

Making Life Less Taxing For All UK Non Residents

Home ›› News & Blogs ›› Getting Your Non-UK Resident Tax Return Right

Getting Your Non-UK Resident Tax Return Right

Sign and date your non-UK resident tax return

  • Don’t forget the details on your tax return, they can make all the difference. Even if you have calculated every penny correctly, and organised your supporting documentation, you still have to sign and date your tax return or return the Authorising your agent (64-8) form.
  • Filing online will save you time and stress, especially if the global postal service is unreliable due to the Covid 19 epidemic. Let The Taxman UK sort out your non-UK resident tax return for you and file it online.

Getting your figures wrong

  • It’s easy to do and a common mistake. Double check your figures or ask a good, professional tax advisor, like The Taxman UK, to check your figures for you. If HMRC asks for a figure, it means they want the exact figure, not a guess or estimate. The website forms will do quite a lot of your actual tax calculations for you, but make life less taxing and ask a good, professional non-UK resident tax advisor.


Missing a deadline

  • If you are busy, preoccupied, or are suddenly facing one, or more, crisis then forgetting to make your tax return or tax payment is easily done. Paper tax returns have to be filed by the 31st of October. If you’re doing it online, you’ve got until the 31st of January. The fines for missing a tax return deadline start at £100 for being even one day late. After that, the penalties escalate.
  • You can check your account details on the HMRC site regularly. You’ll see at a glance what deadlines might be looming. Or just ask a non-UK resident tax advisor to do this for you.

Get your UTR and NI numbers correct

This is a broad category, and there are a lot of tiny details that can trip you up. Make sure your National Insurance number and Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number are correct. If you lose your files or lose track of your UTR, you can find it on any correspondence you get from the taxman.

There are other, silly mistakes that are easy to make on even a simple non-UK resident tax return. So save yourself time, money and stress finding or correcting mistakes, ask The Taxman UK to handle your non-UK resident tax return for you, and for your loved ones.

Please don’t hesitate to contact one of our experienced non-UK resident tax advisors by sending us an enquiry at for an initial consultation. Good tax advice will save you time, money and stress, whether you are prone to making mistakes, or not. 

The Taxman UK  Making Life Less Taxing for non-UK residents”