Terms & Conditions
Home ›› Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SERVICE.
BY USING THE SERVICE OR CLICKING “AGREE” CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
This agreement is between The Taxman UK Limited and the customer agreeing to these terms (Customer).
- SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet-based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: www.thetaxmanuk.com (Service).
- USE OF SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet-based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: www.thetaxmanuk.com (Service).
- Customer Owned Data: All data and documents uploaded by Customer remain Customer’s property, as between The Taxman UK and Customer (Customer Data). Customer grants The Taxman UK the right to use, display and distribute the Customer Data for purposes of performing under this agreement.
- Customer Responsibilities: Customer (i) must keep its passwords secure and confidential; (ii) is solely responsible for Customer Data and all activity in its account in the Service; (iii) must use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to its account, and notify The Taxman UK promptly of any such unauthorised access; and (iv) may use the Service only in accordance with the Service’s Knowledge Base and applicable law.
- WHILE THE TAXMAN UK TAKES REASONABLE PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES TO SECURE THE SERVICE, THE TAXMAN UK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED. THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE ERROR-FREE, AND USE MAY BE INTERRUPTED.
- Definition of Confidential Information: Confidential Information means all non-public information disclosed by a party (Discloser) to the other party (Recipient), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure (Confidential Information). The Taxman UK’ Confidential Information includes without limitation the Service (including without limitation the Service user interface design and layout, and pricing information).
- Protection of Confidential Information: The Recipient must use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information (but in no event less than reasonable care) not to disclose or use any Confidential Information of the Discloser for any purpose outside the scope of this agreement. The Recipient must make commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to Confidential Information of Discloser to those of its employees and contractors who need such access for purposes consistent with this agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with Recipient no less restrictive than the confidentiality terms of this agreement.
- Exclusions: Confidential Information excludes information that: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, (ii) was known to the Recipient before its disclosure by the Discloser without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, or (iv) was independently developed by the Recipient without use or access to the Confidential Information. The Recipient may disclose Confidential Information to the extent required by law or court order but will provide Discloser with advance notice to seek a protective order.
- Reservation of Rights: The software, workflow processes, user interface, designs, know-how, and other technologies provided by The Taxman UK as part of the Service are the proprietary property of The Taxman UK and its licensors, and all right, title and interest in and to such items, including all associated intellectual property rights, remain only with The Taxman UK. Customer may not remove or modify any proprietary marking or restrictive legends in the Service. The Taxman UK reserves all rights unless expressly granted in this agreement.
- Restrictions: Customer may not (i) sell, resell, rent or lease the Service or use it in a service provider capacity; (ii) use the Service to store or transmit infringing, unsolicited marketing emails, libellous, or otherwise objectionable, unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party rights; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service; (iv) attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service or their related systems or networks; (v) reverse engineer the Service; or (vi) access the Service to build a competitive service or product, or copy any feature, function or graphic for competitive purposes.
- Aggregate Data: During and after the term of this agreement, The Taxman UK may use non-personally identifiable Customer Data within the Service for purposes of enhancing the Service, aggregated statistical analysis, technical support and other business purposes.
Term and termination
- Term: This agreement continues to be in effect until terminated
- Termination by Customer: Customer may terminate the agreement by giving a written 30-day notice to The Taxman UK at email@example.com.
- Termination by The Taxman UK: The Taxman UK may terminate the agreement by giving a written 30-day notice to the Customer.
- Mutual Termination for Material Breach: If either party is in material breach of this agreement, the other party may terminate this agreement at the end of a written 30-day notice/cure period if the breach has not been cured.
- Suspension of violation of the agreement: The Taxman UK may temporarily suspend or terminate, or both, if the customer violates any terms of the service.
- Maintenance of Customer Data: Within 90-days after termination, Customer Data will be available for customers upon written request.
- After such a 90-day period, The Taxman UK has no obligation to maintain the Customer Data and may destroy it.
- Return Property Upon Termination: Upon termination of this agreement for any reason, the Customer must pay The Taxman UK for any unpaid amounts and destroy or return all property of The Taxman UK. Upon The Taxman UK’s request, the Customer will confirm in writing its compliance with this destruction or return requirement.
- Suspension for Violations of Law: The Taxman UK may temporarily suspend the Service or remove the applicable Customer Data, or both, if it in good faith believes that, as part of using the Service, the Customer has violated a law. The Taxman UK will attempt to contact the Customer in advance.
- EXCLUSION OF INDIRECT DAMAGES: The Taxman UK is not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or related to this agreement (including, without limitation, costs of delay; loss of data, records or information; and lost profits), even if it knows of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- TOTAL LIMIT ON LIABILITY: The Taxman UK’ total liability arising out of or related to this agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) does not exceed the amount paid by the Customer within the 3 months period prior to the event that gave rise to the liability.
- INDEMNITY: If any third-party brings a claim against The Taxman UK or requires The Taxman UK to respond to a legal process related to Customer’s acts, omissions, data or information within the Software, Customer must defend, indemnify and hold The Taxman UK harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim or request.
- GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM: This agreement is governed by the laws of England (without regard to conflicts of law principles) for any dispute between the parties or relating in any way to the subject matter of this agreement. Any suit or legal proceeding must be exclusively brought in courts of England and Wales, and the Customer submits to this personal jurisdiction and venue. Nothing in this agreement prevents either party from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any litigation is entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and costs from the other party.
- Entire Agreement and Changes: This agreement and the order constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior or contemporaneous negotiations or agreements, whether oral or written, related to this subject matter. The customer is not relying on any representation concerning this subject matter, oral or written, not included in this agreement. No representation, promise or inducement not included in this agreement is binding. No modification of this agreement is effective unless both parties sign it, and no waiver is effective unless the party waiving the right signs a waiver in writing.
- No Assignment: Neither party may assign or transfer this agreement or an order to a third party, except that this agreement with all orders may be assigned, without the consent of the other party, as part of a merger, or sale of substantially all the assets, of a party.
- Independent Contractors: The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other.
- Enforceability and Force Majeure: If any term of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the other terms remain in effect. Except for the payment of monies, neither party is liable for events beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, force majeure events.
- Money Damages Insufficient: Any breach by a party of this agreement or violation of the other party’s intellectual property rights could cause irreparable injury or harm to the other party. The other party may seek a court order to stop any breach or avoid future breaches.
- No Additional Terms: The Taxman UK rejects additional or conflicting terms of any Customer form-purchasing document.
- Order of Precedence: If there is any inconsistency between this agreement and an order, the order prevails.
- Survival of Terms: Any terms that by their nature survive termination of this agreement for a party to assert its rights and receive the protections of this agreement will survive. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply.
- Feedback: By submitting ideas, suggestions or feedback to The Taxman UK regarding the Service, Customer agrees that such items submitted do not contain confidential or proprietary information; and Customer hereby grants The Taxman UK an irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free and fully-paid perpetual license to use such items for any business purpose.
- UPDATES: We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here and by email.
- CONTACT: Feel like getting in touch? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.